News & Events
New Age Information Professionals
Title of Workshop
“National Seminar on Essential Skills for new age Information Professional” w.e.f. April 15-16, 2015.
PASTIC National Center Islamabad with collaboration of MUET Library & Online Information Center Jamshoro.
MUET Library & Online Information Center, Mehran University of Engineering & Technology, Jamshoro
Library and Information Science Professionals (No. 30)
Broad Topics to be covered:
· Modern world Library Operations tips
· Skills and knowledge of librarianship in Modern world
· Information management and Sharing in digital era
o Introduction to Web sites (Static & Dynamic sites and features)
o Blogs and Blogger
o Creating account, blog, links, posts, pages, gadgets.
- Web based research and survey design tools
- Online survives and research
- Data collection ,manipulation and Presentation
- Citation and referencing
- Improved Library processes through faster/easy access and retrieval of information.
- Better library services can be located easy with relevant information.
- Quick information can be received with less staff.
- Provide accurate and timely responses to Users and regulatory requirements.
- Cost savings paper less correspondence.
- Quick and easy to set up within limited technical knowledge.
- Blogs have potential to help the library develop stronger relationships with user layout.
- Blogs can be a positive way of getting feedback, and keeping your finger on the pulse, as readers react to certain pieces, suggest story ideas, etc.
- Feedback/comments received from users on the blog improvement for better services.
- It Helps to writing skills, and learn the etiquettes used for the internet.
- Share articles, videos, opinions with people outside their community.